Musical Chair
There is again another round of reorg at our department. This time, we are moving to another new product group. There is supposed to be a lot more exciting opportunities with the new project, but there is a catch ... not everyone will get a job in the new group.
I observed an extensive amount of "networking" and politics start shortly after the reorg announcement last week as a lot of managers and technical leads try to secure their jobs/empire in the new organization. For a junior person like me, I probably have less at stake compared to others, but I am also anxious about the transition process and selection criteria.
Amid all these craziness in the work place, my birthday appears to be of little significance. Maybe I should head to the cafeteria and get a cupcake to make a birthday wish...
I observed an extensive amount of "networking" and politics start shortly after the reorg announcement last week as a lot of managers and technical leads try to secure their jobs/empire in the new organization. For a junior person like me, I probably have less at stake compared to others, but I am also anxious about the transition process and selection criteria.
Amid all these craziness in the work place, my birthday appears to be of little significance. Maybe I should head to the cafeteria and get a cupcake to make a birthday wish...


2 Comments:
Reorganisation... is ur department going to downsize? or is just the matter of relocation of resources?
Organisation at this stage really cause lots of anxiety... Take it easy and Good Luck~~~
Btw what's the good news u wanted to tell me the other day?
By
Alva, at 1:50 AM
o... btw nice topic... Musical Chair
By
Alva, at 1:51 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home