Miss Popular
I met with an old acquaintance for lunch recently and that wasn't a very pleasant experience.
She initiated this lunch to begin with but had to reschedule it a few times as she was too busy. On a day when all the stars were aligned, we finally got to meet up for lunch. Throughout the lunch, she kept talking (loudly) on her cell phone. So, here I was, ended up sitting with her at the table, looking like an idiot and tringy hard to pretend that I was not eavesdropping. As a matter of fact, she was not even discussing any work related or urgent matter, but just went off the phone convesation to catch up with her "friend" for 15-20 minutes. The best part was, she didn't even apologize after hanging out and dominated the conversation for the rest of the lunch by telling me all the greatest things that happened to her recently.
I have always known my friend being a "Miss Popular" that like people revolving around her, but I am still shocked to find out how little respect and courtesy she has for others. My time is too valuable to be wasted to deal with such a self-centered, obnoxious person. So, Miss Popular, it was nice meeting you for lunch, and let's not do it again!
She initiated this lunch to begin with but had to reschedule it a few times as she was too busy. On a day when all the stars were aligned, we finally got to meet up for lunch. Throughout the lunch, she kept talking (loudly) on her cell phone. So, here I was, ended up sitting with her at the table, looking like an idiot and tringy hard to pretend that I was not eavesdropping. As a matter of fact, she was not even discussing any work related or urgent matter, but just went off the phone convesation to catch up with her "friend" for 15-20 minutes. The best part was, she didn't even apologize after hanging out and dominated the conversation for the rest of the lunch by telling me all the greatest things that happened to her recently.
I have always known my friend being a "Miss Popular" that like people revolving around her, but I am still shocked to find out how little respect and courtesy she has for others. My time is too valuable to be wasted to deal with such a self-centered, obnoxious person. So, Miss Popular, it was nice meeting you for lunch, and let's not do it again!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home