Silly Thoughts

Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Daily Commute

After moving to the new place, my daily commute increases from 10 minute to 1 hour 20 mins each way. There are daily train services during peak hours such that I don't need to drive every day. It takes slightly longer than driving on average but the travel time is more predictable as there are always heavy backup in the afternoon. Riding the train definitely takes the stress out from driving. I am also trying to brainstorm how I can make the best use of my commute time. I figure I would probably doze off during the morning trip as it is so darn early in the morning. The afternoon crowd is usually more lively. There are folks who setup daily poker game on the train. I even write this blog on the train. It'd be nice if the rail company reactivate Wi-Fi on the train such that I can do my daily blog/emailing in the morning before starting my day. In the meanwhile, I am thinking of buying a portable media player (creative vision W maybe?) and sync up my daily TV shows or DVD rental to keep me entertained on the train. Now that I have no excuse of having no idle time, I should check out the nearby libraries too. After all these brainstorming, my commute trip doesn't sound half as bad as it seems.

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations again! I'm actively looking for a job now. Hopefully I have good news soon and then I can invite myself to visit your new home and we can celebrate together!

    By Blogger Alicenny, at 12:39 PM  

  • Wow.. congrats congrats~~~ Show us pic pic pic~~~~ hee hee

    By Blogger Alva, at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home